Monday 7 December 2020

Top Tips: wheelbarrows

Top Tips: a series of short, very short, articles featuring Things Which You Might Not Already Know.

When loading your wheelbarrow, always load the end away from the handles first: and if you are moving a small amount of something heavy, ie rocks, bags of materials, an old tree stump etc, then make sure you put it at the wheel end of the barrow.

Why?

Because having the heaviest part of the load over the wheel means it is easier to wheel it.

Go on, give it a go: get something heavy, like a bag of compost or bark, heave it up into your barrow and have it at the handle end. Now trundle the barrow around. Ooer, heavy, and unbalanced. Stop, and move the bag to the far end, over the wheel. Now try again. Ah! Much better.

There's more information on wheelbarrows in this article, enticingly titled The Good, The Bad, and the Flipping Ugly.

For more Top Tips, either type "Top Tips" into the search box at the top left of the screen, within the black strip: or go to the right-hand pane and scroll down below the Followers section (checking to see if you are there, as you go: what? You're not a Follower? Shocking! Follow me, immediately! *laughs*), then select Top Tips from the list.

Did you enjoy this article? Did you find it useful? Would you like me to answer your own, personal, gardening question? Become a Patron - just click here - and support me! Or use the Donate button for a one-off donation. If just 10% of my visitors gave me a pound a month, I'd be able to spend a lot more time answering all the questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....