Saturday 19 December 2020

Is it alive? Well, I'm not quite sure....

I saw this last week,  and I couldn't decide if it was the funniest thing I'd seen in ages - or the creepiest.  So I videod it on my phone (hence the shakiness - that was me laughing).

Settle down, take a minute and a half out of your busy schedule, and watch it. Then let me know what you think!



Oh, and let me know if it makes your scalp tingle in a slightly pleasant way: apparently there's a "thing" doing the rounds on Youtube, where people create videos intended to provoke ASMR which Wikipedia describes thus:

"Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR), sometimes auto sensory meridian response, is a tingling sensation that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. A pleasant form of paresthesia, it has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia and may overlap with frisson."

Now frisson is familiar to all of us, who hasn't experienced that frisson of fear when the boss calls you in to the office, or when you are halfway down the road and suddenly think "Did I actually turn the gas off/lock the front door/pick up my wallet?"  

I'm less sure about parasthesia etc. And I'm really not sure about ASMR. When I looked it up on google, the main proponent seems to be a woman calling herself Heather Feather, and I started to watch one of her videos but in less than 30 seconds I wanted to punch her in the face, her voice and manner were THAT irritating.  No, my scalp was not tingling. I just had the urge to do violence, which is a bad thing. So I, personally, don't set any store by ASMR!





Did you enjoy this article? Did you find it useful? Would you like me to answer your own, personal, gardening question? Become a Patron - just click here - and support me! Or use the Donate button for a one-off donation. If just 10% of my visitors gave me a pound a month, I'd be able to spend a lot more time answering all the questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....