Friday 9 August 2024

Reversion: what, why, and what to do!

I've had a couple of questions, recently, about reversion of variegated plants, and as luck would have it, I have photos of an example from my own garden, to illustrate the point, so now is a good time to talk about it.

This picture shows some variegated Lonicera nitida (Shrubby Honeysuckle, also known as Blimey Does It Need Clipping Again Already?) which is showing some reversion:

 


The shrub was bought specifically for the variegated leaves which, instead of the normal plain green, are attractively edged with silver.

Now, I say “attractively” because I like variegation: I think it brightens up an otherwise slightly dull shrub, but I know that some people......

 

To see the rest of this article, please hop over to Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....