Part of the art of being a good professional gardener (is it possible to be a "bad" professional gardener?
Oh, silly me, of course it is, thinking back to some of the terrible Crimes Against Horticulture I have seen, over the years) is to be able to recognise weeds, and the definition of a weed is - I'm sure you've heard this - merely something growing in the "wrong" place. This includes removing perfectly legitimate plants, which might be popping up in unwanted positions.
Here's a good one - recently, I was dead-heading the climbing rose ("Gertrude Jekyll", very popular and rightly so) on the arch, and at the base, I spotted some leaves which didn't quite look right....
To see the rest of this article, please hop over to Patreon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments take around 2 days to appear: please be patient. Excessive SPAM has forced me to restrict comments to just Members: if you have a question, you can become a Member: or you can hop over to Patreon and join me there: or you can email me direct - my email address is in the right-hand pane. Sorry about this, but honestly, the spam! I'm drowning in it!!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.