Friday 19 July 2024

Ivy Myths: No. 2 - “It will absorb water from the air”

 

Following on from my earlier article on getting ivy down from a wall, here's another myth about ivy:

“If you sever the trunk at ground level, it won't die, because the upper leaves will catch water and sustain it, and it will keep growing.”

Definitely not true!



 

Before we look at the reasons why this myth is not true, let's take a quick look at the ivy plant itself.

Ivy, as a plant, is quite remarkable in many ways.....

 

To see the rest of this article, please hop over to Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....