Friday 24 May 2024

Muscari: this time it's War!!

 I hate these flowers.


Yes, I know that they look lovely in that photo, but in real life, they never look quite that nice, they are actually tiny, and photos never show the stringy, ratty foliage... and somehow, photos never convey the relentless self-seeding that these little beasts indulge in.

In case you are wondering, I am talking about the perennial bulb, Muscari armeniacum, commonly known as Grape Hyacinth. Or “The Scourge of South Oxfordshire”, as I call them......

 

To see the rest of this article, please hop over to Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....