Friday 31 May 2024

Mistakes Wot I Have Seen.... Cotoneaster over a shingle drive

 

This is not a Mistake Wot I Have Made, as I didn't personally plant or recommend planting a large Cotoneaster alongside a shingled drive.... but it's worth mentioning in passing, that this is an unwise choice of planting.

Why?

Well, this is the sort of Cotoneaster in question:


 

There are many different species of Cotoneaster, this one is, I think, Cotoneaster x waterii which is one of the larger-growing, evergreen ones, which grows into a small tree, usually with nicely arching, overhanging branches.

It is generously covered in bright red berries, making a wonderful show in autumn and through into winter.......

 

 

 

To see the rest of this article, please hop over to Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....