Friday 29 March 2024

How to work on really, really claggy soil...

 

Here's a border I planted recently:

Nothing special about that, you say?

What you can't see from this photo is that the soil is absolutely sodden, and “claggy” is the only suitable word I can use to describe it, even though I'm not from Yorkshire, or wherever that word comes from...

In fact, it's worse than it looks, because this was a border which sloped down towards the shingled area, and had desperately poor soil, so we decided to kill two birds with one stone, and bring in a large amount of topsoil which had just been generated by removing a lawn, elsewhere in the garden....

 

To see the rest of this article, please hop over to Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....