Friday 12 January 2024

Winter cut-back:

Also known as "Autumn Slaughter". 


 

This is my name for the early-winter tidy-up of the garden. I try not to use this expression in front of Clients, but sometimes it just slips out, oops! 

They usually say things like “putting the garden to bed for the winter,” but in my head, it's always Autumn Slaughter... It refers to that time of year when we are cutting down all the deal perennials, clearing away the debris, taking the opportunity to remove weeds which are thereby revealed (those cunning little devils are often to be found hiding underneath a sheltering blanket of dead foliage), and generally making the garden look tidy for the winter. ....

To see the rest of this article, please hop over to Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....