Friday 19 August 2022

It's never nice to find Pooh in the flower beds...

...said Avril, fellow Professional Gardener, in response to this picture:

No, your eyes do not deceive you, it's a Pooh Bear, buried in the flower bed.

Well, half buried.

The garden owner's dog apparently swiped poor old Pooh from the bed of a visiting grand-child, and decided that he ought to be buried out in the garden.

For later consumption?

To keep him safe?

Who knows... dogs are strange creatures.

Finding Pooh in this pickle was, I have to say, less of a shock than the at-first-sight thought-it-was-a-dead-sheep episode , which I shared with you recently: but still, awww, poor Pooh!  

The worst aspect was that the dog, having the entire garden to choose from, selected one of the few places which has been watered, as it's the base of a recently-planted Cherry tree.... almost everywhere else in the garden is bone dry and dusty, so Pooh could have been extracted with a gentle pull, shaken, then returned unharmed.

But no, he's been buried in the mud, so now he'll have to go through the washing machine (Cries from Pooh of "Conditioner, please! For nice, soft, fur!"), and the grandchild in question might need counselling, for the emotional trauma.

Taking Avril's comment as an invitation for a caption contest, Steven (another Pro Gardener colleague) offered:

Pooh:  "That stone in the wall up there looks very very loose. Oh bother."

Hmmm, he has a point.  As for me, I was horrified to find him, but relieved that he'd been buried the right way up. 

So that he could....errr...... breathe.....


Did you enjoy this article? Did you find it useful? Would you like me to answer your own, personal, gardening question? Become a Patron - just click here - and support me! Or use the Donate button for a one-off donation. If just 10% of my visitors gave me a pound a month, I'd be able to spend a lot more time answering all the questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....