"Oh no!" I hear you say: "Not compost, again!!"
Yes! Compost and irrigation, the two watch-words of this year. Both are dear to my heart, as regular readers will know. And today, another word about compost.
Here's the back story:
I set up a lovely 3-pen system for this Client, who has a very large garden which generates a massive amount of material, not least because I am only there every other week, and on those visits, there are two of us - so it's very much feast-and-famine, as far as generating waste goes!
We used to struggle with the composting, because the pens were nowhere near big enough, and there were only two of them:
... so, earlier this year, I persuaded the Client to allow us to rip them all apart and build three pens, each double the size of the existing two. Luckily pallets are easily obtainable for free, so we scrounged as many as we could, and used a combination of zip-ties to hold the edges together, and the metal poles from an old heavy-duty gazebo, to hold the pallets in position...
To see the rest of this article, please hop over to Patreon.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments take around 2 days to appear: please be patient. Excessive SPAM has forced me to restrict comments to just Members: if you have a question, you can become a Member: or you can hop over to Patreon and join me there: or you can email me direct - my email address is in the right-hand pane. Sorry about this, but honestly, the spam! I'm drowning in it!!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.