Friday 27 September 2024

Lavender: cutting back into dead wood

 You know how “all the books say” not to cut Lavender back too hard, as it won't grow back.... well, a fortnight ago, I was doing the annual clip of a low Lavender hedge, and I spotted this:

 


Uh-oh... is that a bare brown patch coming up?

Hahaha! I'm teasing you, this was not a case of it having been cut back too hard, it's a case of two of the plants having died off, completely.


 

Oh dear! Quite, quite dead.

Why?

Well, probably not any particular reason: Lavender are not long-lived plants......

 

To see the rest of this article, please hop over to Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....