Tuesday 14 June 2016

When is a sculpture not a sculpture?

I was walking round a garden centre's outbuilding section the other week, and was struck by the very arty arrangement of enormous chunks of tree trunk, plonked in amongst the display of sheds and outhouses, and beautifully mulched in gravel:


 Rather lovely, aren't they?



 And then I looked a little closer at one of them....


Yes, it's growing.

They all were.

So when the garden centre expanded its outside display area, they must have simply chopped off the wonderful mature Aspens where they stood, and just built the display area around them.

(Although there might have been additional trees which were more "in the way" and were cut right down to ground level and ground out, I suppose.)

I wonder if they realise that in a year or two, they'll have some very short pollarded trees growing in their display area!






Did you enjoy this article? Did you find it useful? Would you like me to answer your own, personal, gardening question? Become a Patron - just click here - and support me! Or use the Donate button for a one-off donation. If just 10% of my visitors gave me a pound a month, I'd be able to spend a lot more time answering all the questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....