Tuesday 14 May 2013

The largest slug this year...

Look what I found while weeding last week:


Uuurrrr! * shudders theatrically*

Now, I'm fairly immune to slugs, I have been known to pick up the smaller ones with bare fingers... and although this is not the biggest I have ever seen, it's certainly the biggest I have seen for a while. And yes, I yelped like a girly and jumped back about two feet when I lifted the lavender to weed underneath it, and found this thing looking at me.

To be fair to me, it's not as big as it was - having been stabbed with my daisy grubber (apologies to all you animal-lovers out there, but honestly, slugs? Seriously?) it is now shrivelling up, and it was half as long again when it lunged viciously at me I found it.

OK, looking at the photo now, it doesn't actually look that big...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....