Thursday 7 March 2013

A Death in the Trouser Family

Oh dear, look what happened yesterday:


I was energetically throwing stuff onto the bonfire pile, and one of the buddleia branches snagged my trousers on the way past.

Rip!

Well, they are very old trousers - I haven't had a horse for 15 years, so they must be at least 20 years old, or more, and they were getting a bit thin and tatty.

Sigh.

I get so attached to my old clothes..

And here is the huge bonfire pile to which I was adding the buddleia:

Impressive, huh? And all my own work.  This lot represents how much uncompostable material is produced by a three-acre garden over one winter: you might just be able to see that it is now higher than the roof of the old summerhouse.  The client has promised me that they will have a go at burning it off soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....