OMG! What a scorcher! AGAIN!!
I can't believe I'm writing this - AGAIN!! - but three months running, now, we've had heatwave after heatwave, the grass is well scorched, the water butts are empty, gardeners are sweating, and everyone with an irrigation system is thanking the lord, or me, in some cases, that they took my advice and installed it:
... because otherwise we would be getting this sort of thing:
As you would expect, this month we talked about things dying in hot weather - plants, that is - along with the sort of jobs I have been doing at this time of year, including cutting down the oriental poppies (they've done their job), and pruning apple trees in summer, with a diversion about ermine moth infestations....
To see the rest of this article, please hop over to Patreon.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments take around 2 days to appear: please be patient. Excessive SPAM has forced me to restrict comments to just Members: if you have a question, you can become a Member: or you can hop over to Patreon and join me there: or you can email me direct - my email address is in the right-hand pane. Sorry about this, but honestly, the spam! I'm drowning in it!!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.